The Special Interest Group on Teaching with Technology (SIG-TwT) is part of the POD Network, which has been advancing the research and practice of educational development in higher education since 1976.
SIG-TwT’s goal is to support faculty developers who assist faculty with integrating technology into teaching and learning by providing resources on trends, issues, effective strategies, and new developments. The group’s activities include this public website, a members-only online discussion site, and POD conference sessions. In the future we plan to offer face-to-face events, online events, and publications.
SIG-TwT Sponsored Sessions at POD 2017 (Montréal)
SIG-TwT Sponsored Sessions at POD 2016 (Louisville, KY)
- Thursday, 11/10, 3:00-4:15pm, McCreary Room – Treasure in the Sierra Madre? Digital Badges and Educational Development (conference session)
- Friday, 11/11, 7:30-8:45am, Willis Room – Birds of a Feather
- Saturday, 11/12, 9:00-10:15am, Nunn Room – Annual Meeting
- Saturday, 11/12, 1:30-2:45pm, Coe Room – Putting Technology Models to Work for Faculty: Featuring SAMR (conference session)
The SIG is also sponsoring digital badges at the conference.
Officers for 2017
- Chair – Georges Detiveaux, University of Houston-Downtown
- Chair-Elect – Nick Yates, Zayed University
- Past-Chair – Julius Su, California Institute of Technology
2014 – Chris Clark
2015 – Mike Truong
2016 – Julius Su