We began at 8:30 AM on Thursday, November 7 2013 at the Omni Hotel in Pittsburgh PA. A full report is available, but the highlights are presented below.
The eighteen attendees identified several topics the SIG might address: Online teaching, Flipping the classroom, LMS, Adoption of technology, Integrating technology, Promoting intentional use of technology, Assessing the effectiveness of technology. In general, participants said they would like the group to serve these functions:
- provide a discussion forum,
- share information and
- serve as a mechanism for personal networking.
The group identified four priorities for the first year
- Establish a web presence
- Create an online discussion space
- Conduct an online workshop
- Participate in the 2014 POD conference
Ideas for 2015 and beyond include publications and a summer institute.
The following officers were elected.
- Chair (2015) – Chris Clark
- Chair-elect (2016) – Michelle Franz
- Past-chair (2014) – Mike Truong
Their terms expire at the end of the POD conference in the year indicated. In future we will elect one new person each year, the chair-elect.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 11:45 AM.