On Friday May 13, 2016, POD’s Special Interest Group on Teaching with Technology (SIG TwT) hosted a panel discussion, entitled Leveraging Mobile Devices to Further Teaching and Learning. Three panelists discussed their experiences leading, evaluating, and participating in mobile learning initiatives. They also discussed how to keep the focus on teaching and learning as the technology evolves.
- Dr. Deone Zell is the Associate Vice President for Academic Technology at Cal State University Northridge. She oversees the CSUNtablet initiative, a one-to-one tablet deployment which has received national attention.
- Dr. John Bansavich is the Director of Learning Technologies and the Center for Instruction and Technology at the University of San Francisco. He recently co-hosted the iPad in Higher Education Conference.
- Nick Yates is an instructional designer in the Center for Educational Innovation at Zayed University and an Apple Distinguished Educator. He has taught a number of 1:1 tablet classes and has produced a number of action research projects from this teaching and learning.
- Mobile apps mentioned during webinar (coming soon)
- Mobile learning resources (coming soon)